Integrated Approaches to Modeling Late Paleozoic Petroleum Reservoirs in the Greater Midcontinent
Presented by W. Lynn Watney, Senior Scientific Fellow, Kansas Geological Survey, in Dec. 2008 to Southwest Section, American Association of Petroleum Geologists.
- Regional structural/tectonic framework during the late Paleozoic.
- Variations in sequence stratigraphy and reservoir architecture of late Paleozoic strata in the Midcontinent.
- Common reservoir lithofacies and their Recent analogs.
- Petrofacies and pore typing approach to quantitative reservoir analysis and modeling petroleum reservoirs, roles of diagenesis.
- Case studies based on integrated geo-engineering modeling of Mississippian, Pennsylvanian, and Permian reservoirs.