Highlights, New Items
South-central Kansas CO2 Project. New report online--Twenty-first Quarterly Report. Also added, four new presentations, including "Geochemical Monitoring Survey Results from CO2-EOR at Wellington Field in South Kansas," presented in April at Carbon Capture, Utilization, and Storage Conference, Chicago.
New presentation from DOE-NETL CarbonSAFE Kickoff Meeting added to ICKan, Integrated Carbon Capture and Storage for Kansas website.
Open-file Report 2017-6, Determination of Relative Permeability Curves in the Arbuckle, by Mina Fazelalavi
Production data through December 2016 added March 18, 2017.
Resources on Induced Seismicity--the KGS presents these links to help people learn about induced seismicity, or earthquakes somehow created or triggered by actions of humans.
Public Information Circular 32--Hydraulic Fracturing of Oil and Gas Wells in Kansas, by Daniel R. Suchy and K. David Newell
Resources on Hydraulic Fracturing--the KGS presents these links to help people learn about hydraulic fracturing of oil and gas wells.
Other good places to find Kansas energy and oil & gas data are these web sites. Links and pointers to non-Survey sites are provided for information only and do not constitute endorsement by the KGS. The Survey does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of these outside materials.
- KU Tertiary Oil Recovery Program
- Oil and Gas Conservation Division, Kansas Corporation Commission, with oil and gas rules, regulations, and downloadable forms
- Map showing KCC District Offices and contact info
- State Energy Office, Kansas Corporation Commission
- KOLAR (Kansas Online Automated Reporting)--online reporting of oil and gas information.
- Kansas Strong--Kansas Oil & Gas Resources Fund (KOGRF)
- Kansas Geological Society and Library
- KIOGA--Kansas Independent Oil and Gas Association
- Southwest Kansas Royalty Owners Association
- EKOGA--Eastern Kansas Oil & Gas Association
- Geophysical Society of Kansas
- Kansas Energy Information Network
- MineralWeb--information on mineral rights