Interactive Oil and Gas Maps
The KGS has developed several interactive mapping programs using ArcIMS to explore the oil and gas resources of Kansas interactively over the web. These web pages should work in any web browser and are efficient enough to be used over most internet connections. Pop-up blockers will interfere with some of the features of these maps.
- Oil and Gas Wells and Fields
- Our new oil and gas mapping system is based on a more-friendly mapping system. Try it out! Use the link above, or use the links on every field and well page.
- Oil and Gas Production Through Time
- A dynamic web page that allows a user to map production data by section through time. For each product (oil or gas), you can map production by year, range of years (average or cumulative), or the percent change from one year to another. This is a good example of time-series gis within an enterprise database system.
- Well Tops
- Well tops are displayed from our master list of oil and gas wells. A pull-down menu shows the various units that can be mapped. The points mapped can be colored based on the top value or the value corrected to sea level. Tops are available primarily for western Kansas, and for a limited number of units, though an increasing number of values are being entered for eastern Kansas.