Other Maps and Charts
The KGS has long been among the leaders in developing computerized techniques for producing maps and in the actual production of computer-generated maps for research and for sale. Staff members in Cartographic Service digitize geologic and topographic information for its display on maps; they produce the maps used by staff in research and sold to the public.
Updated STATEMAP Summary sheet for Kansas for FY2013
- Classification of Rocks in Kansas
- A digital version of the stratigraphic chart from Bulletin 189 is available online in JPEG and PDF formats.
- M-118 Geologic Map of Kansas
- A digital version of a map available as M-118 (68 x 39 in., scale: 1:500,000) available from the Kansas Geological Survey.
- Generalized Geologic Map (postcard)
- A digital version of a map available as a postcard and as an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet showing generalized geology.
- Physiographic Map of Kansas
- Learn about the geography of Kansas using this interactive map.
- Kansas Geologic Timetable
- What happened in Kansas during the Mississippian Period? How many millions of years did the Jurassic Period last? This digital version of a sheet available (Special Map 10) from the KGS will help you learn the answers to these questions. If you'd like a paper copy, single copies of the 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet are free; multiple copies are 10 cents each. Contact the Publications Sales Office for more information.
- Gravity and Magnetic Maps of Kansas
- JPEG and TIF versions of gravity and magnetic data from Kansas.
- DEM Shaded Relief Map of Kansas
- Produced by the State of Kansas Data Access and Support Center at the Kansas Geological Survey
- Geologic Maps of Kansas
- These pages present a list of the county geologic maps available, sample geologic maps at two sizes, and detailed pages for several counties.