Records of Typical WellsOn the following pages are tabulated the information obtained in regard to water wells in Ford County (table 15). The numbers in the first column correspond to the well numbers on the maps (plates 2 and 3) and in the table of analyses (table 14). The wells are listed in order by townships from north to south and by ranges from east to west. Within a township the wells are listed in the order of the sections. Depths of wells and water levels that were reported rather than measured are given only to the nearest foot. Depths of wells not classed as "reported" are given to the nearest 0.1 foot below the measuring point described in the table, and measured water levels are given to the nearest 0.01 foot. Records are included of a few wells in adjoining counties.
Table 15--Records of typical wells in Ford County, Kansas.
2. Reported depths below the land surface are given in feet; measured depths are given in feet and tenths below measuring points
3. B, brick; BS, boiler steel; C, concrete; CR, concrete rings; GI, galvanized iron; GP, galvanized pipe; I, iron; OB, oil barrels; OW, oil well; R, rock; T, tile; TW, tractor wheels; W, wood; WI, wrought iron
4. Method of lift: A, air lift; C, horizontal centrifugal; Cy, cylinder; F, natural flow; GL, gas lift; N, none; P, plunger type; Pr, pressure; R, removed; T, turbine; VC, vertical centrifugal
5. A, air-conditioning; D, domestic; I, irrigation; In., industrial (other than cooling of air-conditioning); N, none; P, public supply; S, stock
6. Situated in Hodgeman County
7. Situated in Edwards County
8. Pumping test conducted and results furnished by the Division of Water Resources, Kansas State Board of Agriculture
9. Water level in feet above measuring point
10. Situated in Gray County
11. Situated in Clark County
12. Situated in Meade County
Kansas Geological Survey, Ford Geohydrology|
Comments to email@example.com
Web version April 2002. Original publication date Dec. 1942.