Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Clerical/Data Entry Assistant (2950821-T2)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Tentative Start Date: On or about Jan. 27, 2014
KGS Section: Data Resources Library (DS/DS)
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week during summer;
20 hours per week during academic year
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Provide clerical assistance in Data Resources Library.
- Enter data and scan records, proof data and scans.
- Sort, organize and file incoming records.
- Communicate effectively with customers requesting information.
- Take telephone orders and photocopy records.
- Assist staff and public in locating data and re-filing returned materials.
- Other duties as directed.
- KU student, meeting minimum 6 hour enrollment requirement during the academic year for employment.
- Ability to interact effectively with the staff/public and communicate clearly.
- Knowledge of standard basic office practices and procedures.
- Available to work through the Summer 2014 semester, at a minimum.
- Ability to push rolling bookcase in confined area, climb step ladder, and lift 30 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in storage areas, capable of occasionally working with old documents which may be dusty, musty, or moldy, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with filing, word processing, computer, other office machines and telephone.
- Familiarity with or previous work experience with records filed by legal land description (section, township, range).
- Familiarity with water well industry and/or oil production operations.
- Course work in geology or geography and/or experience in petroleum industry.
- Keyboard input at 50 WPM.
- Available 20 hours per week during academic year, including breaks, and 40 hours per week during summer. Hours must be worked during business hours, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Procedures for Applying
Apply online at http://employment.ku.edu/jobs/4546. Complete online KU student application and attach a resume (required). Cover letter welcome but not required. Provide work references. Position number 00008345.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
January 22, 2014
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Placed online Jan. 10, 2014
Comments to email@example.com
The URL for this page is http://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950821-T2.html