Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Data Entry/Clerical Assistant (2950821-T2 and FED0072587)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Tentative Start Date: On or about Feb. 2, 2015
KGS Section: Data Resources Library (DS)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week during academic year;
20-40 hours per week during summer
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Enter data and scan records, proof data and scans.
- Sort, organize and file incoming records.
- Provide clerical assistance in Data Resources Library.
- Communicate effectively with patrons requesting information, supervisors, and staff.
- Take telephone and email orders and photocopy records.
- Assist staff and public in locating data and re-filing returned materials.
- Other duties as directed.
- KU student, meeting minimum 6 hour enrollment requirement during the academic year for employment.
- Ability to interact effectively with the staff/public and communicate clearly, as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Knowledge of standard basic office practices and procedures, as evidenced by application materials and interview.
- Ability to push rolling bookcase in confined area, climb step ladder, and lift 25 pounds or more, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in storage areas, capable of occasionally working with old documents which may be dusty, musty, or moldy, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with filing, word processing, computer, other office machines and telephone.
- Familiarity with or previous work experience with records filed by legal land description (section, township, range).
- Familiarity with water well industry and/or oil production operations.
- Course work in geology or geography and/or experience in petroleum industry.
- Keyboard input at 50 WPM.
- Available to work through Summer 2015, at a minimum.
- Available 20 hours per week during academic year, including breaks, and 40 hours per week during summer. Hours must be worked during business hours, 8:00am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Procedures for Applying
Apply online at http://employment.ku.edu/student/2615BR. Complete online KU student application and attach a resume (required). Cover letter welcome but not required, however it is important that each candidate address how he or she meets our required and preferred qualifications. Provide work references. Position numbers 00008344 and 00071585.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
January 28, 2015
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY. http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination
Placed online Jan.21, 2015
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The URL for this page is http://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950821-T2.html