Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Data Entry/Clerical Assistant (2950821-FED0069724 and 2950821-2)
Two positions available, contingent on funding
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Tentative Start Date: On or about September 28, 2015.
KGS Section: Data Resources Library (DS/DS)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week during academic year; up to 40 hours per week during summer
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Enter data and scan records; proof data and scans.
- Sort, organize, incorporate, and file incoming records.
- Provide clerical assistance in the Data Resources Library.
- Communicate effectively with library patrons requesting information, supervisors, and staff.
- Take telephone and email orders; photocopy records.
- Assist staff and public in locating data and re-filing returned materials.
- Other duties as directed.
- Experience interacting with the public effectively in person, over the phone, and/or by email.
- Experience with filing, data entry, scanners, copiers, and/or telephone, preferably in an office environment.
Enrollment Eligibility: During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Ability to push rolling bookcase in confined area, climb step ladder, and lift 25 pounds or more, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in storage areas, capable of occasionally working with old documents which may be dusty, musty, or moldy, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Familiarity with or previous work experience with records filed by legal land description (section, township, range).
- Familiarity with the water well industry and/or oil production operations.
- Coursework in geology or geography and/or experience in petroleum industry.
- Keyboard input at 50 WPM.
- Available to work through summer 2016, at a minimum.
- Available 20 hours per week during academic year, including breaks, and up to 40 hours per week during summer. Hours must be worked during business hours, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Procedures for Applying
Apply online at http://employment.ku.edu/student/4228BR. Complete online KU student application and upload a resume (required). Cover letter welcome but not required however it is important that candidates address how they meet each required and preferred qualification. Provide work references. Position number 00008344 and 00008345.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
Sunday, September 20, 2015
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY. http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination
Placed online Aug. 24, 2015
Comments to email@example.com
The URL for this page is HTTP://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950821-FED.html