Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Data Entry Assistant (2950821-FED0069724-YR2)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Tentative Start Date: On or about Sept. 16, 2013.
KGS Section: Data Resources Library (DS)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week during academic year; 40 hours per week during summer
Business Hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Sort and organize records, compare with existing collections and incorporate appropriate records.
- Enter data and scan records, proof data and scans.
- File records.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, customers and staff.
- Provide back-up clerical assistance in Data Resources Library on occasion: answer phone, assist staff and public in locating data and re-filing returned materials.
- Other duties as directed.
- KU student, meeting the minimum 6 hour enrollment requirement during the academic year for employment. Available to work through the summer 2014, at a minimum.
- Ability to interact effectively with the staff/public and communicate clearly, as evidenced from application material and references.
- Knowledge of standard basic office practices and procedures.
- Ability to push rolling bookcase in confined area, climb step ladder, lift 30 pounds and occasionally lift and move 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in storage areas, capable of working with old documents which may be dusty, musty, or moldy, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience with filing, word processing, computer, other office machines and telephone.
- Familiarity with or previous work experience with records filed by legal land description (section, township, range).
- Familiarity with water well industry and/or oil production operations.
- Coursework in geology or geography and/or experience in petroleum industry.
- Keyboard input at 50 WPM.
- Available 20 hours per week during academic year, including breaks and 40 hours per week during summer. Hours must be worked during business hours, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Procedures for Applying
Apply online at https://employment.ku.edu/jobs/3482, Position number 00071608. Complete online KU student application and attach resume (required). Cover letter welcome but not required. Provide work references.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
August 26, 2013
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.
Placed online Aug. 14, 2013
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The URL for this page is HTTP://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950821-FED.html