Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (2950721-1)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Length of Appointment: Starting on or about January 30, 2017.
KGS Section: Administration (KS)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week during business hours, 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday
Serves as Purchasing Assistant. Work is of a standardized nature involving a variety of duties requiring different methods of solution and a moderate amount of independent judgment.
- Provide assistance and consultation to KGS staff preparing travel expense reports. Submit KGS travel reports to SSC for processing.
- Review KGS automotive p-card receipts and assign KGS ID number for entry into KU PeopleSoft.
- Enter payment requests in KUPPS and submit to SSC for processing.
- Assist in database management of departmental (building key records) and purchasing (sensitive equipment inventory, vendor records, and bid files) activities.
- Assist with retention and maintenance of business records. Run Excel reports and draft summaries.
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements.
- Provide additional support as assigned.
- KU student, meeting the minimum 6 hour enrollment requirement during the academic year for employment.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel on Windows based PC.
- Good command of English language with proficiency in grammar as evidenced in application materials.
- Detail oriented as demonstrated in application materials and skill in filing.
- Available to work in 2-4 hour blocks of time within office hours 8 am-12 noon and 1 pm-5 pm Monday through Friday and able to work during some school breaks and through summer.
- Experience working in an office performing administrative/accounting duties.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft software.
- Experience with KU KUPPS ordering system.
- Business and/or business related course work.
- Experience with copying and scanning documents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow general instructions.
Procedures for Applying
Apply online at https://employment.ku.edu/student/7842BR. Complete online KU student application and attach resume (required). Cover letter addressing required and preferred qualifications is recommended. Provide work references. [Internal: Position number is 00067674.]
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
Deadline Jan. 22, 2017
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY. http://policy.ku.edu/IOA/nondiscrimination
Placed online Jan. 13, 2017
Comments to email@example.com
The URL for this page is HTTP://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950721-1.html