Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (Clerical/Data Entry) (2950721-1)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Length of Appointment: Starting on or about August 18, 2014
KGS Section: Administration (SH)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours
Serves as Purchasing Assistant. Work is of a standardized nature involving a variety of duties requiring different methods of solution and a moderate amount of independent judgment.
- Provide assistance and consultation to KGS staff preparing travel expense reports.
- Process check requests in KU Procure to Pay (KUPPS) system and enter payment requests in KU PeopleSoft Financial System (automotive p-card and travel modules).
- Assist in database management of departmental (building key records) and purchasing (sensitive equipment inventory, vendor records, and bid files) activities.
- Assist with tagging and locating KGS inventory items.
- Assist with retention and maintenance of business records. Run Excel reports and draft summaries.
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements.
- Make occasional courier deliveries on campus and occasional deliveries of KGS vehicles to dealerships for service.
- Provide additional support as assigned.
- Must meet KU minimum 6-hour enrollment requirement during the academic year for employment.
- Demonstrated effective ability in utilizing PC technology using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word on Windows based PC.
- Good command of English language with proficiency in grammar as evidenced in application materials.
- Detail oriented as demonstrated in application submission and skill in filing.
- Available to work in 2-4 hour blocks of time within office hours 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and able to work during some school breaks and through summer.
- Valid Kansas driver's license.
- Experience working in an office performing administrative/accounting duties.
- Knowledge of People Soft software
- Experience with KU KUPPS ordering system
- Business and/or business related course work
- Experience with copying and scanning documents
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision following general verbal instructions.
Procedures for Applying
Required Application Materials: Apply online https://employment.ku.edu/student/1268BR, Position number 00008338. Complete online KU student application and attach resume (required). Cover letter welcome but not required. Provide work references.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
Deadline Monday, Aug. 18, 2014
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Placed online July 21, 2014
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The URL for this page is HTTP://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950721-1.html