Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Purchasing Assistant (2950721-1)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.63
Length of Appointment: Starting on or about September 28, 2015.
KGS Section: Administration (SH)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours per week during business hours, 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday, including some breaks and summer.
Serves as Purchasing Assistant. Work is of a standardized nature involving a variety of duties requiring different methods of solution and a moderate amount of independent judgment.
- Provide assistance and consultation to KGS staff preparing travel expense reports.
- Process check requests in KU Procure to Pay (KUPPS) system and enter payment requests in KU PeopleSoft Financial System (automotive p-card and travel modules).
- Assist in database management of departmental (building key records) and purchasing (sensitive equipment inventory, vendor records, and bid files) activities.
- Assist with tagging and locating KGS inventory items.
- Assist with retention and maintenance of business records. Run Excel reports and draft summaries.
- Assist in developing and implementing process improvements.
- Make occasional courier deliveries on campus and occasional deliveries of KGS vehicles to dealerships for service.
- Provide additional support as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Excel on Windows based PC.
- Good command of English language with proficiency in grammar as evidenced in application materials.
- Detail oriented as demonstrated in application materials and skill in filing.
- Available to work in 2-4 hour blocks of time within office hours 8 am-12 noon and 1 pm-5 pm Monday through Friday and able to work during some school breaks and through summer.
Enrollment Eligibility: During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments).
- Valid driver's license at onset of appointment.
- Experience working in an office performing administrative/accounting duties.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft software.
- Experience with KU KUPPS ordering system.
- Business and/or business related course work.
- Experience with copying and scanning documents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow general instructions.
Procedures for Applying
Apply online at http://employment.ku.edu/student/4286BR. Complete online KU student application and upload a resume (required). Complete online KU student application and attach resume (required). Cover letter addressing required and preferred qualifications is recommended. Provide work references.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
Deadline Sept. 21, 2015
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Placed online Aug. 27, 2015
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The URL for this page is HTTP://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950721-1.html