Student Employment, Kansas Geological Survey
This position open only to students enrolled at the University of Kansas.
Working Job Title: Purchasing Assistant Summer Internship (2950721-1)
Regular Hourly or Work Study
Hourly Rate: $8.65
Length of Appointment: May 18, 2015-August 21, 2015
KGS Section: Administration (SH)
Hours Per Week: 20 hours
Serves as Purchasing Assistant. Work is of a standardized nature involving a variety of duties requiring different methods of solution and a moderate amount of independent judgment.
- Provide assistance and consultation to KGS staff preparing travel expense reports.
- Process check requests in KU Procure to Pay (KUPPS) system and enter payment requests in KU PeopleSoft Financial System (automotive p-card and travel modules).
- Provide additional support as assigned.
- Must be a KU student. Summer enrollment is not required if student was enrolled in at least 6 credit hours during the spring semester.
- Demonstrated effective ability in utilizing PC technology using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word on Windows based PC.
- Good command of English language with proficiency in grammar as evidenced in application materials.
- Detail oriented as demonstrated in application submission and skill in filing.
- Available to work in 2-4 hour blocks of time within office hours 8 am-12 noon and 1 pm-5 pm Monday through Friday and able to work through summer.
- Valid Kansas driver's license.
- Knowledge of People Soft software.
- Experience with KU KUPPS ordering system.
- Experience with copying and scanning documents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and follow general instructions.
Procedures for Applying
Required Application Materials: Apply online https://employment.ku.edu/student/3366BR, Position number 00008338. Complete the KU student application and upload a resume (required). Please address how you meet the required and preferred qualifications in a resume or in a cover letter. Work references are required.
Person to Contact
Annette Delaney, Kansas Geological Survey
Closing Date for Applications
Deadline May 13, 2015
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx?category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY
Placed online May 12, 2015
Comments to email@example.com
The URL for this page is HTTP://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/jobs/2950721-1.html