1) Are there earthquakes in Kansas?
2) What are the most common kinds of fossils in Kansas and where can I find them?
3) How were the different regions of the state formed?
4) How can I get information about drilling a water well?
5) What are topographic maps? How do I order them?
6) Where are oil and natural gas found in Kansas?
7) What is happening to the water table in western Kansas?
How fast does water go back into the water table?
8) Does Kansas have an official state rock or fossil?
9) What is the highest point in Kansas?
10) Where is the center of Kansas?
11) Was Kansas covered by an ocean at one time?
12) Were there glaciers in Kansas?
13) Are there caves in Kansas?
14) What are some of the common rocks and minerals of the state
and where can I collect them?
15) Are there field trips that I can attend?
16) Where can I order aerial photos or satellite images?
17) Where can I get information about stream levels in Kansas?
18) I found an unusual rock (or fossil). Where can I get it identified?
19) What point in Lawrence has the highest elevation?
20) Where can I get an aquifer map?
21) Who is responsible for plugging any abandoned wells on a property?
22) Where do I find benchmark data?
23) Where can I obtain landgrid information?
24) What's the deepest well in Kansas?
25) What is the length of the boundaries that form the perimeter of Kansas?
Kansas Geological Survey
Updated Oct. 31, 2006
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The URL for this page is http://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/faq_sm.html