Information pertaining to 242 wells, 45 test holes drilled by the State Geological Survey, and 22 drillers logs in Gove County is given in Table 11. Measured well depths are given to the nearest tenth of a foot; reported well depths are given in feet. Measured depths to water are given to the nearest tenth or hundredth of a foot; reported depths to water are given in feet. The well-numbering system used in this table is illustrated in Figure 2 [in the Introduction].
Table 11--Records of wells and test holes in Gove County, Kansas.
|Principal water-bearing bed||Method
|Measuring point||Depth to
|T. 10 S., R. 26 W.|
|10-26-35dd||SE SE sec. 35||T||59.0||4||N||Land surface||0||2467.4||19.80||8-28-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|T. 10 S., R. 27 W.|
|10-27-34dd||SE SE sec. 34||T||108.0||4||N||do||0||2672.8||71.80||9-8-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|10-27-36dd||SE SE sec. 36||C. W. Woodward||Dr||51.0||5||GI||Sand and gravel||Ogallala Formation||N||N||Top of concrete walk||0.1||2598.0||38.00||8-20-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|T. 10 S., R. 28 W.|
|10-28-33dd||SE SE sec. 33||T||113.0||4||N||Land surface||0||2741.2||9-12-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|10-28-34dd||SE SE sec. 34||A. Selenke||Dr||75.6||6||GI||Sand, gravel||Ogallala Formation||Cy, W||S||Base of pump||0.6||2743.3||61.66||9-17-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|T. 10 S., R. 29 W.|
|10-29-32dc||SW SE sec. 32||O. B. Jones||Dr||128.0||5||GI||Sand, gravel||Ogallala Formation||Cy, W||S||Base of pump||1.5||2874.0||110.90||9-16-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|T. 10 S., R. 30 W.|
|10-30-31cc||SW SW sec. 31||T||138.0||4||N||0||2924.6||52.40||9-12-1952||Located in Sheridan County.|
|10-30-36cc1||SW SW sec. 36||City of Grinnell||Dr||150||12||S||Sand, gravel||Ogallala Formation||T, E||PS||Land surface||0||2909.2||112||9-27-1956||Located in Sheridan County.|
|10-30-36cc2||SW SW sec. 36||City of Grinnell||Dr||150||10||S||Sand, gravel||Ogallala Formation||T, E||PS||Land surface||0||2909.2||112||9-27-1956||Located in Sheridan County.|
|* Chemical analysis included in Table 6 or 7.
1. Well number indicates, in the following order, township, range, section, quarter section, and quarter quarter section.
2. Dr, drilled well; Du, dug well; T, test hole drilled by the U. S. Geological Survey and the State Geological Survey; logs are given in table.
3. Reported depths below land surface are given in feet; measured depths are given in feet and tenths below land surface.
4. GI, galvanized iron; N, none; OB, oil barrel; R, rock; S, steel.
5. Method of lift: C, centrifugal; Cy, cylinder; J, jet; N, none; T, turbine.
Type of power: B, butane; D, diesel; E, electric; G, gasoline engine; H, hand operated; N, none; Ng, natural gas; P, propane; W, windmill.
6. D, domestic; I, irrigation; N, none; PS, public supply; S, stock.
7. Measured depths to water are given in feet, tenths, and hundredths; reported depths are given in feet.
Kansas Geological Survey, Geology
Placed on web Sept. 30, 2008; originally published June 1960.
Comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The URL for this page is http://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/Geology/Gove/07_rec.html