Records of Typical Wells, continued
Table 13--Records of wells in Stafford County, Kansas, continued.
|Well no. (1)||Location||Owner or tenant||Type of well (2)||Depth of well (feet) (3)||Diameter of well (in.)||Type of casing (4)||Principal water-bearing bed||Method of lift (5)||Use of water (6)||Measuring point||Depth to water level below measuring point (feet) (7)||Date of measurement||Remarks (Yield given in gallons a minute; drawdown in feet)|
|Character of material||Geologic source||Description||Distance above (+) or below (-) land surface (feet)||Height above mean sea level (feet)|
|T. 25 S., R. 11 W.|
|25-11-2ca||NW SW sec. 2||C.J. Smith||Dn||17.0||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of 1 1/4-inch pipe||-1.0||1,780.0||10.39||31-Jul-42||Unused domestic well|
|25-11-5bb||NW cor. NW sec. 5||Eureka Methodist Church||Dn||38.6||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||P, H||D||Top of opening in pump base||-2.9||1,818.5||9.34||17-Aug-42||Church well|
|25-11-15dd||SE SE sec. 15||Neola Elevator Co.||Dr||41.0||6||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||Cy, H||D||Top of casing||+0.3||1,807.9||20.69||31-Jul-42|
|25-11-27cc||SW SW sec. 27||Helmerich & Payne, Inc.||Dr||50.0||6||OW||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of casing||0||1,821.9||22.19||18-Aug-42||Formerly supplied water for drilling oil-test well|
|25-11-36ab||NW NE sec. 36||W.C. Smith||Dr||6||T||Sand and gravel||Meade||Cy, W||S||Top of plank over casing||+0.6||1,810.4||27.19||17-Aug-42|
|T. 25 S., R. 12 W.|
|25-12-11cb||NW SW sec. 11||J.A. McFadden||Dr||39.3||6||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||Cy, E||D||Top of casing||-5.3||1,843.9||3.33||12-Aug-42|
|25-12-27ab||NW NE sec. 27||Camp Carlile||3 Dr||14.5||12||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||C, E||Sw||Top of casing||0||1,846.1||3.66||12-Aug-42||Battery of three wells; measured southernmost well; reported aggregate yield 200 g.p.m.|
|25-12-31dc||SW SE sec. 31||W.A. Shinkle||Dn||26.7||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||P, H||D, S||Top of pitcher pump||+2.0||1,886.0||12.65||19-Aug-42|
|25-12-35ba||NE NW sec. 35||Dr||46.3||8||OW||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of casing||+0.2||1,886.6||27.79||19-Aug-42||Formerly supplied water for drilling oil-test well|
|T. 25 S., R. 13 W.|
|25-13-3bb||NW NW sec. 3||M.L. Halley||Dr||29.6||4||I||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of oil barrel||+2.0||1,934.1||20.15||19-Aug-42||Unused domestic well|
|25-13-12ab||NW NE sec. 12||Continental Oil Co.||Dr||64.0||6||OW||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of casing||+0.4||1,918.8||25.75||1-Aug-42||Unused drilling-supply well; observation well|
|25-13-13ac||SW NE sec. 13||Continental Oil Co.||Dr||63.4||6||OW||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of casing||+0.6||1,913.7||23.02||1-Aug-42||Formerly supplied water for drilling oil well|
|25-13-28cc||SW SW sec. 28||R.J. Kipp||DD||56.0||19||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||C, G||I||Top of concrete well curb||0||1,947.1||21.01||31-Jul-42||Reported yield 700 g.p.m.|
|T. 25 S., R. 14 W.|
|25-14-4da||NE SE sec. 4||L.T. Spencer||Dr||69.0||14.1||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||C, G||I||Top of concrete well curb||0||1,965.9||21.30||30-Jul-42||Gravel-packed well; reported yield 700 g|
|25-14-9dc||SW SE sec. 9||F.M. Hammond||Dr||36.5||6||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||C, G||I||Top of board over casing||+0.6||1,975.1||13.19||31-Jul-42||Used to irrigate garden|
|25-14-13ba||NE NW sec. 13||J.T. Kachelman||DD||26.5||16||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of concrete well curb||0||1,958.5||16.16||31-Jul-42||Unused irrigation well|
|25-14-26bb||NW NW sec. 26||Dr||52.0||6||OW||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of casing||+0.3||1,975.0||14.10||1-Aug-42||Formerly supplied water for drilling oil well|
|25-14-29ad||SE NE sec. 29||C.N. Waters||Dn||47.5||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||P, H||D||Top of pitcher pump||+3.0||1,997.3||22.15||26-Aug-42|
|25-14-30bb||NW NW sec. 30||G. Hall||Dn||21.2||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||N||N||Top of pipe||+1.7||1,995.3||7.33||26-Aug-42||Unused stock well|
|T. 25 S., R. 15 W.|
|25-15-2cc||SW SW sec. 2||P.R. Barstow||Dn||56.0||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||Cy, W||N||Lower edge of board over well pit||+0.5||2,023.8||19.56||26-Aug-42||Unused domestic well|
|25-15-8cb||NW SW sec. 8||C.E. Peacock||Dn||48.0||1 1/4||GP||Sand and gravel||Meade||Cy, W, H||D, S||16.00|
|25-15-27bb||NW NW sec. 27||George V. Hart||Dr||45.0||6||GI||Sand and gravel||Meade||C, G||I||Top of board over well pit||0||2,017.5||8.95||21-Aug-42|
1. Location number: Well numbers give the location of wells according to General Land Office surveys and according to the following formula: Township-Range-Section, 160-acre trace within that section, and the 40-acre tract within the quarter section. If two or more wells are located within a 40-acre tract, the wells are numbered serially according to the order in which they were inventoried. The 160-acre and 40-acre tracts are designated a, b, c, or d in a counterclockwise direction, beginning in the northeast quarter. For example: well 20-15-35bc is located in SW 1/4 NW 1/4 sec. 35, T. 20 S., R. 15 W.
2. Bored well; DD, dug and drilled well; Dn, driven well; Dr, drilled well; Du, dug well; Sp, spring.
3. Reported depths below the land surface are given in feet; measured depths are given in feet and tenths below measuring points.
4. Bs, Boiler steel; C, concrete; GI, galvanized sheet iron; GP, galvanized-iron pipe; I, iron; N, none; OB, oil barrels; OW, oil-well casing; R, rock; T, tile; W, wood.
5. Method of lift: B, bucket and rope; C, horizontal centrifugal; Cy, cylinder; F, natural flow; N, none; P, pitcher pump; S, submersible turbine; T, turbine; VC, vertical centrifugal. Type of power: B, butane; E, electric; G, gas engine; H, hand-operated; NG, natural gas; T, tractor; W, windmill
6. D, domestic; I, irrigation; In, industrial; N, not being used; O, observation; P, public supply; S, stock
7. Reported depths to water level are given in feet; measured depths to water level are given in feet, tenths, and hundredths
8. Water level in feet above measuring point.
Kansas Geological Survey, Barton and Stafford Geohydrology
Web version Dec. 2001. Original publication date Dec. 1950.
Comments to email@example.com
The URL for this page is http://www.kgs.ku.edu/General/Geology/Barton/08_wells10.html